Wednesday 6 April 2016

IELTS speaking cue card 07 - Talk about a sport you did as a child

Talk about a sport you did when you were a child. You should say -
1.   How often you did it?
2.   Where you did it?
3.   If you were good at it?
4.   And say if you would like to do that sport again or not?

SAMPLE ANSWER

India is a country, which is known for its love for the game of cricket. It has given this world some of the finest players of this sport such as Sachin Tendulkar, Sunil Gavaskar, Rahul Dravid and Kapil Dev among others. I have been playing cricket since I was a child and today I would like to discuss about this sport itself.

I was introduced to the game of cricket by my father who himself was a keen enthusiast of this game. I remember playing this sport as early as when I was nearly 05 years of age. I usually used to play this game almost every day after my school along with my friends at the local city club. I even made a few new friends, playing at that venue.

As a child, I was really fascinated by this sport and always dreamt of becoming a cricketer myself. During those days, I really enjoyed playing this game a lot and I was one of the most popular player in the locality. Moreover, having a game with your close friends is always a fun thing to do.

If I had to rate myself in this particular sport, I would not term myself as extremely talented but yes, definitely I possessed a decent set of skills in the game of cricket. Cricket as a sport requires a lot of stamina, agility and high levels of physical fitness in order to succeed professionally. Furthermore, playing this sport not only relaxes and refreshes an individual, but also enhances his or her physical endurance and mental ability. In addition to it, the sport also teaches a lot of essential values like leadership, team-work and quick decision making.

It is for these above-mentioned reasons, I would surely like to do this sport again sometime in the coming future. However, as now I am a student, and I have other academic obligations to fulfill, I feel that I will not be able to pursue this sport as regularly as I used to do when I was a child. Although, during the weekends when I am generally free, I can plan a visit to the city stadium along with my friends to play this sport.  

(This model answer can be followed as an example of a very good answer. However, please note that this is just one example out of many possible approaches.)



No comments:

Post a Comment